Top Ad unit 728 × 90

Breaking News

recentposts

The Vogue Edit: What We're Loving This Week



Alice Newbold, News Editor

VISITING:
After my hen party (eek!) in Lisbon, I’m going down to the coast to Comporta to do absolutely nothing, bar lounge on the pristine beaches and get myself to the little seafood shacks for lunchtime. Putting us up are Laura and João, who own a fabulous place – Casa de Comporta – stuffed with treasures, but spacious enough that we don’t kill each other after days of who-knows-what-activities together.
BUYING:
I’m on the waiting list for Loewe’s black Puzzle bag but got swayed this week when the brand’s third collaboration with Paula’s Ibiza dropped in my inbox. After a quiet word with myself, I decided the crochet and terry towel embellishment was too much, but I’m still contemplating a pair of the specs when they drop on April 15.
Disclaimer: I only went to St Leonard’s last month, but I’m already desperate to go to Jackson Boxer and Andrew Clarke’s new Notting Hill outpost – Orasay. Inspired by the Western Isles of Scotland, the menu is seafood-heavy, but all the fresh produce comes from the team’s organic farm in West Sussex. Obviously, the interiors and wine list will be great too.

Hayley Maitland, Entertainment Writer

JADE NINA SARKHEL
EATING:
Soho has so many great restaurants that it can sometimes be overwhelming. Enter Yeni, which has become my go-to since it opened a few months ago. Tucked away on Beak Street, it’s prettily decorated with hand-blown glass chandeliers and traditional Levantine tiles – but it’s the food that really stands out. Inspired by the flavors of the Silk Road, dishes range from small plates such as beetroot, dried sour cherry, and xigalos (a soft cheese) to heartier mains like brill with hazelnut and raki. Whatever you do, don’t leave without trying the ridiculously moreish pan-fried feta with samphire and honey.
SHOPPING:
There are no words to describe how bored I am with this grey weather. Most of my spare hours at the moment are spent daydreaming about tropical islands and planning a visit to The Other Side in the Bahamas. (Seriously, have you seen their pool?) My trip is still months away, but that hasn’t stopped me from planning my holiday wardrobe. On my shopping list: Cult Gaia’s Zaha Bamboo Clutch and Le Sirenuse Positano’s Bella Sundress.
WATCHING:
Even though it only opens on April 26, I’m already looking forward to Stanley Kubrick: The Exhibition at the Design Museum, which will showcase the remarkable design in the legendary auteur’s works. In the meantime, I’m rewatching all of his classic films, from Lolita and Dr. Strangelove to The Shining and Full Metal Jacket.

Sue Fujimoto, Social Media Editor

VISITING:
A tourist in my own town, I'll be staying at the new Bankside hotel in South Bank this weekend. Mainly because they have a Makers in Residence programme I’m really keen to see, but also because, why not? It’s located in one of my favorite parts of London, which I'll be taking full
advantage of during my stay. I’m also hoping to fit a visit to their new Brunch Club around justifying potential purchases from the new talent spotlighted in their craft space.
EATING:
I dropped by the Avocado Show pop-up in West London the other weekend, and it was delicious, to say the least. A temporary outpost of Amsterdam's famous all-avo restaurant, I've always wanted to try its creative takes on every millennial's favorite fruit – everything from the bun burger (I ate multiple) to the classic avo on toast. I'll be booking my trip to Amsterdam for another helping of sustainable and socially responsible avocado action soon. 

SCROLLING
After copious amounts of time scrolling through their content, JOAN's feed has officially become my spring wardrobe mood board. I fall in love with pretty much everything they post, but my most recent obsession is a pair of Maryam Nassir Zadeh neon fish wave wedges. With my birthday coming up, here’s hoping someone thoughtful will read this and decide to gift them to me.

Parveen Narowalia, Digital Picture Editor

LE PLEIN CHEZ TOTAL, ROUTE DE BANFORA, 1974, SANLÉ SORY
STAYING:
I recently jetted off to Marrakech for a much-needed escape at the gorgeous Es Saadi Hotel Resort and Spa. The hotel was founded in the early '60s by the former manager of Paris’s Moulin Rouge, Jean Bauchet, just as Marrakech was becoming the new ultra-glamorous mecca for rock, roll and royalty. Former guests include Princess Margaret, Pierre Balmain, Cecil Beaton and the Rolling Stones to name a few. I stayed at its newest addition, The Palace - a ‘Gram-worthy heaven set against the backdrop of the breathtaking Atlas mountains. In addition to sumptuous architecture, this place has wellness at its core – thanks to the selection of yoga programmes, carefully considered treatments, and the slow food philosophy at restaurant Lagon Et Jardin, I left Es Saadi feeling wholly restored after the slog of fashion month.
Insider tip: The Kobido anti-aging facial massage worked wonders for my skin. Using Moroccan oils and an alternating rhythm massage technique to encourage lymphatic flow, the Kobido facial leaves your face looking noticeably healthier. Alternatively, choose a wellness programme to suit your specific needs from the Dior Institut in Es Saadi.
WATCHING:
The UK Asian Film Festival is back this year, this time inspired by the theme of Revolution. Fuelled by the #MeToo movement and the decriminalization of homosexuality in India, the festival is presenting a fantastic series of milestone films that signify society-led change. Southall Black Sisters – one of the UK’s leading organizations for BAME women – have curated a series of films showing at Shoreditch cinema Rich Mix. After watching the harrowing true story of domestic abuse victim Kirinjit Ahluwalia last weekend, this Saturday I’ll be watching Brick Lane: a story based on a migrant woman driven to an affair with a young man tackling racism from white youth in Tower Hamlets. Unfortunately for me, the festivities in London end this Sunday, but it's good news for those in other parts of the UK, where the festival runs up until May 4.

SEEING:
I’m planning a trip to the David Hill Gallery to view Sanlé Sory’s new exhibition ‘Peuple de la Nuit’, or ‘People of the Night’. Recently unearthed from Sanlé’s personal archive, ‘Peuple de la Nuit’ is an evocative tribute to nightlife in the city of Bobo Dioulasso in West Africa. Taken between 1960, the year Burkina Faso gained independence, and 1985, Sanlé captured the essence of youth culture: photographing the musicians, dancers, and lovers who graced some of Bobo’s hippest venues. Despite taking pictures well into his 70s Sanlé lived in relative obscurity, and the body of work he amassed lay undiscovered until recently.
The Vogue Edit: What We're Loving This Week Reviewed by Pak 24 News on April 05, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Powered by Blogger.